Thursday, February 17, 2005

Link: Firefox 25 Million Downloads

Firefox has hit the 25 mill mark.

The OS X version is ok but I've found some enhancements that really make it sweet.

I don't care for the default theme. Seems like it's trying to rip off Safari a bit too much. Qute looks great and has a nice balance.

I love having my bookmarks synced between systems. Bookmarks Synchronizer takes care of that. studio2f shows you how to configure it with your iDisk.

SpellBound takes care of the typos and DictionarySearch helps look things up.

Congrats to the Firefox and Mozilla teams!

4 Comments:

At 2/17/2005 09:49:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've tried to get middle-click on a link to open a new tab in firefox, but to no avail. Do you know if it's possible to do?

When I go to about:config and search for "middle", browser.tabs.opentabfor.middleclick is set to true.

The funny thing is that this works in Safari.

Thx

 
At 2/17/2005 09:57:00 PM, Blogger Jason Sares said...

It works for me but I'm using a Logitech mouse and have the control panel set to send a Command Click for the middle button.

What type of mouse are you using?

 
At 2/17/2005 10:22:00 PM, Blogger Jason Sares said...

I forgot to add to change the fonts to Times New Roman and Arial. Slashdot looks much better afterwards.

 
At 2/18/2005 10:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, silly me. I never installed the software for my mouse (microsoft optical intellimouse). I downloaded the latest version of it, installed it, set the wheel button to send a command click and now it works!

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home