Wednesday, February 16, 2005

HowTo: Make a Readable eBook Redux

Cory asked me to use one of his Creative Commons licensed stories and I'm glad he did.

I forgot to mention that some text files you download have end of line characters that will screw with the formating.

To clean them up get SmartWrap. It works like magic. Once installed in your Services menu just highlight the text and click SmartWrap from almost any app.

One of the things that sets SmartWrap apart from the rest is it doesn't limit the amount of text it will correct until you register it. Please support the authors for their work. I will be registering ASAP.

As promised here is the link to the new PDF for Craphound and a bonus link to the Pages file in case you want to mess around with it.

Thanks again to Cory for his stories and all of his other work. He's my favorite blogger/author/EFF activist even if the Disney thing creeps me out a bit.

1 Comments:

At 2/17/2005 06:44:00 PM, Blogger Jason Sares said...

I'm still trying to get over the fact Cory Doctorow posted a comment on my blog! This made my day.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home