Monday, February 07, 2005

Opinion: Widescreen

Where are all the widescreen LCDs? I've been looking for one to go with my mini and haven't been able to find many. The only one I can find under $300 is the ProView 15.4" and this is from an off brand and doesn't have DVI.

Widescreen is so much better than the standard 4x3 format. I don't mind scrolling up and down but I hate to scroll sideways for some reason. I know a lot of notebooks are coming out in widescreen so why the hold up with desktop displays?

Apple has been using widescreen LCDs for a while now. When is the rest of the world going to catch up?

3 Comments:

At 2/08/2005 04:07:00 PM, Blogger mamster said...

I've been complaining about this for years, and the one you linked to isn't a true widescreen (the resolution is 1024x768). Ever since I saw the first 17" iMac, it's been obvious that this is the way monitors should be: you can put two word processing or web browser windows side-by-side, and it's closer to the aspect ratio of DVDs. The only true widescreen non-Apple monitors I know of are huge 23" things.

 
At 2/08/2005 09:59:00 PM, Blogger Jason Sares said...

The resolution is 1280x800 I went to a Staples to double check. Don't know why the website has two listed.

 
At 2/10/2005 09:54:00 AM, Blogger mamster said...

Oops, then. Still, 1280 wide isn't quite enough for me; the 1440 pixels of the 17" iMac make it much easier to do side-by-side web browsers or text editors.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home