Friday, February 18, 2005

News: About Time

I should have taken my own advice but I was a little shy on cash and wanted to find out more about the mini before ordering one. By the time I was ready Apple had a two week delay so I ordered one from InCompetentUSA but they screwed up the order.

I was starting to lose hope but the guys at the local Apple store came through for me and now more than a month since it was introduced I have my mini!

I got it home and within 15 minutes had the OS updated, drivers for my Logitech keyboard and mouse, iSynced, iPhoto 5, and Casio Exilim EX-S3 hooked up with only one restart. That's what I call a great out of the box experience.

I love the new straighten feature in iPhoto but I'm annoyed they got rid of the export where you could specify the dimensions it's still there just in a different spot.

This is the first pic I've taken in the mini's temporary home on a TV tray.



Now that I've got it are there any things you would like me to test right away?

2 Comments:

At 2/18/2005 08:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The file export as a smaller size is still in iPhoto,

Share, Export, Scale images no larger than:

 
At 2/18/2005 11:15:00 PM, Blogger Jason Sares said...

Dave, no problem I'll look for some good video footage.

Anonymous, thanks for the tip. When I didn't see the Export menu at the top I jumped to conclusions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home