Tuesday, March 29, 2005

News: Where I've Been

Hello gentle readers,

You've sent me more than a few emails asking where I've been. Has Microsoft silenced me? Have they got me in a South American torture compound reconditioning me to recant my love for the Mac and conform to the Windows world?

Turns out nothing quite as exciting. I just got a new job. It is a really cool gig working for PerceptIS which is kind of like Case's outsourced IT department. I'm working in the Weatherhead School of Management's crazy Peter B. Lewis Building which is quite cool since I've long admired it's kooky curves.


I'm splitting my time between SysAdmin and General Tech work, which unfortunately means I have to deal with Windows on a daily basis. But I have to give them points for giving me a PowerBook G4 800 for my work computer and having me co-admin a Xserve G4 cluster.

I really like everyone I work with. They are a motley crew so I fit right in. I just hope my big mouth doesn't get me in hot water, but for once it seems like a large company actually wants to hear what it's people think.


We've got some cool things coming up like a Linux Install Fest this weekend. I'm going to take my mini and show it off running Linux. There's free food so if your in the area drop in and say hey.


And I'm working on a review of my new external Western Digital Hard Drive, which I'll try to post tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 3/30/2005 12:06:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new job. That building is almost as stylish as a mac ; )

 
At 4/05/2005 02:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Linux Install Fest was great! Thanks for posting that link. I enjoyed talking to you and other Linux & MacHeads. I installed RH 5.1 on my Toshiba finally, but it doesn't run a graphical gui. Thanks. Charlie the old guy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home